September 22 - Ice Cream Cone Day


 Posted on September 22, 2020

I have a bit of a sweet tooth, and it doesn't take much to get me feeling munchy for cookies, cereal, chocolate-laden trail mix... yummm. 

But somehow I just haven't been as tempted to eat ice cream, especially not in cones.

Don't get me wrong - I think ice cream is delicious! - but the sight of a dollop of, say, strawberry or chocolate ice cream in a cone hasn't (in the past) had all that much power over me. The kind of power that makes me a sort of must-have-must-eat zombie.


But recently my teeny grandchild ran out of room in his teeny tummy and handed me a really messy, half-eaten waffle cone with vanilla ice cream, and I had nowhere I could put it! Except, of course, "down the hatch." So I gobbled it up and then found a diaper wipe to clean up my hand and the entirety of my grandchild.



And, oh DEAR, was it ever good! The ice cream was sooooo flavorful, even though it was "just" vanilla and looked so boring. And the cone was super tasty, too! Not the kind of almost flavorless "cake cone" I grew up with.

So, darn, another absolutely delicious dessert I must try hard to resist!

But not today! Today we ALL have an excuse to eat ice cream cones!



Also on this date:









No comments:

Post a Comment