Posted on August 25, 2022
This is an update of my post published on August 25, 2011:
- Which country is landlocked (has no seacoast)?
- Which country has a populace that is primarily (around 88%) of European descent?
- Which is one of the most economically developed countries in South America?
- Which country has the capital city that is most southerly of the Americas?
- Which country has two official languages, Spanish and Guarani?
Above and below, folks in Paraguay
4. Uruguay's capital city, Montevideo, is farther south than any other capital in South America. This vastly surprised me, since I always think of Uruguay sitting “on top” of Argentina—thus, I would think, more to the north. However, Uruguay is actually on the east side of the top portion of Argentina—and its capital is slightly south of Buenos Aires, Argentina, as the map above shows.
Also on this date:
Check out my Pinterest boards for: