August 7 - Independence Day in Ivory Coast (aka Côte d'Ivoire)

Posted on August 7, 2021

 

This is an update of my post published on August 7, 2010:



This holiday celebrates the African nation's independence from France in 1960.


This west African nation grows a lot of coffee and cocoa, and also pineapple and palm oil. The name “Ivory Coast” refers to the highly prized (and expensive) elephant tusks that used to be traded in this area.

Since 1990, international ivory
trade has been banned.

Location of Ivory Coast

The Basilica of Our Lady of Peace is located in
Yamoussoukro, which is the capital of Ivory Coast,
and it is listed in the Guinness Book of World
Records as the largest church in the world.











1 comment:

  1. Emergency Cash Loans Hello Everybody, My name is Mrs. Phyllis Sue South. I live in UK London and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of $350,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 2 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of $350,000.00 U.S. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs. Phyllis Sue South that refer you to him. contact Dr. James Eric via email: financialserviceoffer876@gmail.com Whats-App +918929509036

    ReplyDelete