Posted on March 28, 2015
Then a new day dawns, and I hear something else that makes me think, “Okay, I guess I was wrong yesterday, because NOW I've heard everything!!!”
But I suppose there are endless wacky ideas that people will come up with, including endless wacky holidays that people actually do celebrate!
And today it's Something on a Stick Day!
The idea is, get a stick (a lot of people apparently use popsicle sticks), put something on it, and send the photo in to the Something on a Stick website I linked to above. And, guys, you have to check out the gallery! I personally love the stick on a stick!
Of course, a lot of celebration of the day could focus on foods on a stick. Fruity icy treats and creamy frozen treats often come on sticks, of course! There are all those shish-kabobs of juicy meats or savory veggies on the grill...yum! And skewers of fresh, chilled fruit are a great desert – unless you want to go to the trouble to make toasted marshmallows, which of course are a hotter form of delicious! You can eat lollipops, frozen bananas, corn dogs...Hey! A lot of food comes on a stick!
- But I think it is a great day to create stick puppets, stick horses, or a cat-toy-on-a-stick!
- Or how about playing Stick Storm / Bomb or Pick-up-Sticks or even Glow Sticks?
- Or start growing sugar crystals on a stick.
- Or create a safe-for-your-phone Selfie Stick.
- How about learning to pogo-stick?
Also on this date:
Check out my Pinterest boards for:
And here are my Pinterest boards for: