December 16 - Latkes!

Posted on December 16, 2019

I always associate latkes, which are Jewish potato pancakes, with Hanukkah. Yummm...potatoes and onions fried up with egg and bread crumbs (or matzo meal), served with sour cream or apple sauce! I love me a good latke!




This year, Hanukkah doesn't start until the evening of Dec. 22...






...but tonight is a latke festival in Brooklyn, New York. The 11th Annual Latke Festival is being held at the Brooklyn Museum, and it will feature "the best and most creative" potato pancakes, a panel of celebrity judges, a DJ, and of course loads of good food and drink!



The money people pay for the latke festival goes to a charity that teaches kids in underserved communities how to cook and the importance of eating healthy foods.




1 comment:

  1. Wow, all the best things of life in one post. I spent my last Hannukah at Buenos Aires. We took a Jewish tour there and eat latkes.

    ReplyDelete