And when we get to the holiday season, many of us get EVEN BUSIER!
Today's a day to remind you that it's important to have balance in your life. Sure, the time of huge feasts, rich foods, and yearly treats is almost upon us—but that doesn't mean that we don't also need to need to eat some smaller meals, too, and plenty of nutritious fruits and veggies and so on!
In the coming month, there may be extra fundraisers, parties, shows, and other events—but you also need to rest, stretch, and exercise!
And don't forget to laugh!
Loosen Up, Lighten Up day has two parts: (1) stretch and breathe and maybe learn yoga, (2) enjoy funny books and movies and TV shows, and laugh as much as possible.
Part 1: Loosen Up
- Here is a yoga website with free streaming videos.
- And here is a video about yoga for kids.
Part 2: Lighten Up
- Andrew Barden is billed as the “eccentric juggler.”
- Eddie Izzard is British, but he knows that Americans like me sometimes mess up when we're singing the national anthem.
- Ellen DeGeneres's very first appearance on network TV made me laugh.
- Look what Demetri Martin claims he takes with him as he travels.
- Louis C.K. thinks people these days are too jaded.
Also on this date: