Posted on February 14, 2016
Both of these states are in the American “West,” but I always associate Arizona with warm, dry weather and deserts, and I associate Oregon with cool, wet weather and forests. Of course, both states are more complex than such simple sketches!
Try to match the state to each item below: (Answers wa-a-a-a-y down at the bottom of this post.)
- Which state is #33 in the nation, with a statehood anniversary of this date in 1859?
- Which state is #48 in the nation, with a statehood anniversary of this date in 1912?
- Which state is bordered by the Colorado River?
- Which state is bordered by the Columbia and Snake Rivers?
- Which state has Phoenix as its capital and largest city?
- Which state has Salem as its capital and Portland as its largest city?
- Which state name is associated with a famous trail for American pioneers and settlers?
- Which state has about one-fourth of its land dedicated to Indian reservations?
It's great that both of these states celebrate their statehood anniversaries on Valentine's Day, the day that's all about love. Because there is A LOT to love about both of these states!!!
Here are some amazing sights you can enjoy in Arizona:
|These first three photos are of the gorgeous slot canyons|
in Antelope Valley.
|(Above) Beaver Falls, Havasu Creek|
|(Above) Chiricahua National Monument|
|The landscapes of the Grand Canyon are many and varied,|
as you can see in these three photos.
|(Above) This place looks unreal, but I've been there! You can hike to this view,|
called Horseshoe Bend, just outside of Page, Arizona!
|(Above) Kartchner Caverns are some of the best caves I've ever seen!|
|(Above) Monument Valley|
|(Above) Petrified Forest|
|(Above) Rainbow Bridge|
|(Above) Saguaro National Park|
|These two photos (above and below) are of the "Wave" at|
the Vermillion Cliffs.
|(Above) Blue Canyon|
And here are some wonderful beauties you can enjoy in Oregon:
|These first three photos are of the amazing Crater Lake National Park.|
|(Above) Mt. Hood area|
|(Above) Oneonta Gorge|
|(Above) Thor's Well|
|The Columbia River Gorge is famous for its|
The one above, Multnomah Falls, is one of the most famous.
|These two photos (above and below) are of gardens in Portland.|
|(Above) Oregon's Pacific Coast is stupendous!|
|(Above) Ramona Falls|
|These two photos (above and below) are of Abiqua Falls.|
|(Above) Tumalo Falls|
1. Oregon - 2. Arizona - 3. Arizona - 4. Oregon - 5. Arizona - 6. Oregon - 7. Oregon - 8. Arizona
Also on this date:
Check out my Pinterest boards for:
And here are my Pinterest boards for: