Check out which museums are participating, and get your free tickets, here.
We Love Museums!
Museums are places to see...
...fossils of animals that no longer exist.
...great artworks of the past and present.
...exhibits about the natural environment, including volcanoes and ecosystems and animals and weather.
...historical artifacts of all sorts.
...battlefields and estates and castles and missions and other historic places.
...cultural artifacts such as traditional costumes, eating implements, crafts, and musical instruments.
...exhibits about an important person, such as a former president.
But there are more unusual museums, too. Here are just a few of the weirder museums near me:
- The Bunny Museum in Pasadena
- The Museum of Death in Hollywood
- Museum of Neon Art in Glendale
This is a museum of chocolate. Yum!Live Steamers Railroad Museum (you get to ride a mini-train!) in Los Angeles
- LAPD Historical Society (old cop stuff!) in Los Angeles
- Bhagavad-gita Museum in Culver City
- Museum of Jurassic Technology in Los Angeles
- Walt Disney's Barn in Griffith Park (only open two hours a month)
- Holyland Exhibition in Los Angeles
Also on this date: