Here at my house, we've all gained feasting-fat (you know, the few pounds you can put on after having a whole bunch of holiday-ing and celebrating and feasting and munching and brunching), and so I am hesitant to mention another FOOD holiday!
- At least it's not something sweet. What with candy cane day and cookie day and gingerbread house day and the two days of chocolate, even I am getting sick of sweets!
- Bacon is sooooooooooo yummy. So I hate to ignore its special day, year after year, just because I'm always overstuffed on December 30!
Bacon is a kind of pork that is usually cured. In most countries, it is made from side or back cuts, but in the U.S. it is almost always from pork belly. It is cured from brine or dry-packed salt, and it may be dried in cold air, boiled, or smoked. To cook bacon, boil, fry, bake, or grill it.
To celebrate Bacon Day...
- Eat bacon for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and dessert. Try some of these crazy-sounding recipes (like dark chocolate bacon cupcakes)!
- Play Steal the Bacon. This game has nothing to do with bacon. But playing active games is fun!
- Artist Carl Warner has a lot of fun creating landscapes out of food, and you will probably not be surprised to learn that he sometimes creates his landscapes using bacon. Check out his photos here (scroll to the bottom for several bacon-y landscapes), and watch the short video about how he creates his photos here.
Also on this date:
Check out my Pinterest pages on:And here are my Pinterest boards for: